At ARPC our adults experience diligent Bible study and authentic Christian fellowship. In adult Sunday School, a significant percentage of our adults participate in weekly Bible studies that are based on discussion. Members of these classes ask hard questions, share their own real life struggles, and encourage one another to follow Christ.
Our goal is to stimulate Christian growth and maturity by increasing the believer’s knowledge, appreciation, and application of God’s Word. We study God’s message in the Bible because we desire: (a) to grow in our love and knowledge of Christ as we obey His Word; (b) to be made holy as our character is shaped by the Word; (c) to honor the Lord and bear fruit as we live according to His Word (Biblical basis for these ends can be found in Hebrews 5:12-13, Psalms 1:2, James 1:22-25, John 14:21, John 17:17, Ephesians 5:26-27, and Colossians 1:9-10).
Adult Sunday School is held from 9:15-10:15 AM in Calvin Hall (Chapel Building) and the Family Life Center.
- Discipleship Class (Room 101 Calvin Hall)– Mixture of young adults from college age to those with young children. Studies based on detailed discussion of the Bible typically one book of the Bible at a time.
- Beta Class (Room 103 Calvin Hall)– Discussion based, various studies.
- Friendship Class (Room 108 Calvin Hall) – Discussion based, various topics.
- Good Samaritan Class (Room 104 Calvin Hall)– Discussion based, various topics.
- Joyful Servants Class (Room 102/104 Family Life Center- John Knox Room) - Pastor Ron Tippens’ class. A larger class with a mix of lecture and discussion.